Women’s Basketball in Richmond Hill 2019
Still accepting registrations for Sep/2019 season in Richmond Hill.
- Sep/26/2019 – Dec/19/2019 – 9 runs
Women’s basketball Richmond Hill, Ontario on Thursday nights. 18+ year old with some exceptions. (This is pickup basketball and not a league)
This will be the second year we try Women’s Pickup Basketball in Richmond Hill. It is pickup so the teams change every week.
Don’t worry if you have not played in a while. Many of the players are just starting to get back into it.
- Alexander Mackenzie High School
- Google Map:300 Major Mackenzie Drive West, Richmond Hill
- Intersection: Yonge St. and Major Mackenzie Dr W
- Hardwood basketball courts
- Thursday Nights
- 6 PM – 7:00 PM
- Sep/26/2019 – Dec/19/2019
- Not on Oct/17, 24, Nov/14, 21, Dec/26
- email payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- double sided jersey or a white & dark shirt
- 2 and 3 ball up to 11
- Either offense or defense calls fouls
- Any arguments are settled with a 3 point shot
- Challenging team starts off with the ball
- Players do not choose teams. Players who win stay on and the losing team sits off. The players who where sitting off the longest are automatically on. Then the rest of the players shoot for the remaining spots. It is do or die. Meaning if you hit the shot you are in if you miss you sit.
- If a team wins 3 games in a row they will shoot off with the team that just lost.
- We play dark and white shirts so ensure you bring a double sided jersey or a dark and white shirt.
Why am I doing this?
Guys can go into any gym to play. Unfortunately, there are very few places for women to play competitive basketball. While women can play with the guys it usually not the same. After years of playing basketball I have found it is not how good you are but that you are playing with players that are close to your level. That’s what makes any sport fun.
Ask for Glenn